Saturday 2 February 2013

De Pepper Free Form Improv Music Group, S.O.T.U. Festival, Amsterdam, May 2012


De Pepper Free Form Improv Music Group consisted out of Sander Linders (drums/percussion), Jerry Spurlock (self-made zither), Corne Roos (electric bass), Francois Dey (tape machine), Julian Schneemann (keyboard) and myself (accordion/percussion).












As part of the first S.O.T.U Festival I organised a gathering on the stage of cafe De Pepper (OT301). The group consisted out of different friends or acquaintances. They all had a different background and (me being the exception) never met or performed with each other.












I played with Sander in a coverband of unknown Middle-Eastern 60's and 70's songs. Jerry I met in the Vondelpark playing his zither. Corne is the younger brother of a close friend. Francois is an artist who I  collaborate with and Julian was a colleague from my work at the Concertgebouw. I also invited my brother Stefanos who unfortunately couldn't make it.












The outcome................was great!
(with compliments from those Lucky Dragons)

No comments:

Post a Comment