Friday 20 December 2013

"These sounds will lead the way" (2013), Groepsexpositie: Couchsurfers and A-Boys, Jabu Arnell's house, Amsterdam

Jabu Arnell invited me to do a performance at his house which he turned into a exhibition space for a bunch of artists and couchurfers.

I decided to approach this performance in a similar way as my previous action, this time I made one continuous recording while I drove my bike through the city from my house to Jabu's. The recording was used as a sonic recital accompanied by the reading of a text and instrumentation with a small cardboard box I made into a poly-instrument and microphone. The text were slightly modified fragments taken from the book "Listening to Noise and Silence" by Salome Voegelin, it was chanted in a Vedic like manner.



















The night before I found a very large cardboard box at a construction site near his house which I used for my mega-speaker. For amplification I used my portable audio-system, contact mic and an audio mixer.

No comments:

Post a Comment